Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
Nothing says “I love you” quite like chocolate mayonnaise cake. The addition of mayonnaise keeps this cake incredibly moist. Serve it for Valentine’s Day, anniversary dinner, or a special birthday celebration! This southern delicacy never disappoints!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. table salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1⅔ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 11/3 cups hot water
- Duke's Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together flour and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Grease (with shortening) and flour two 8-inch pans.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla at medium-high speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer about 3 minutes or until mixture is very light brown and ribbons form when beater is lifted.
- Add mayonnaise, and beat at low speed until combined.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with hot water, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour).
- Spread Duke’s Chocolate Frosting on cake