Elvis' French Toast
Breakfast and Brunch
- 3/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt and 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6 thick-cut slices brioche bread
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 banana, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crispy
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk and cream. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Add the vanilla and whisk again.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter and oil.
- Dip each slice of bread into the prepared custard mixture. Allow to soak for just a few seconds on each side and then transfer to the skillet. Allow to cook until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes), then flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- After you have cooked the French toast, top each with a smear of peanut butter, a few banana slices and one slice of bacon crumbled over the top.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup or a sprinkling of powdered sugar.