Fried Shrimp Po' Boy
Top this po' boy with Duke's NEW Bayou Remoulade and turn up the Twang!
½ pound peeled, deveined shrimp, tails off
Duke’s Bayou Remoulade
- 1 cup buttermilk
¼ cup hot sauce
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cornmeal
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon Old Bay/Cajun seasoning
Oil for frying
In a bowl, whisk together 1 cup buttermilk and ¼ cup hot sauce.
- Fold in ½ pound peeled & deveined shrimp, tails off.
- Allow to marinate for about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, add (to a bag or Tupperware with tight fitting lid) ⅓ cup all-purpose flour, ⅓ cup cornmeal, ⅓ cup cornstarch and 1 tablespoon Old Bay/Cajun seasoning.
- Mix together. Shake excess buttermilk marinade from shrimp & drop directly into dry batter.
- Shake well to coat shrimp.
- Add about 3” of oil to a deep skillet, heat to 350º (if you don’t have a thermometer, test by dipping end of a wooden spoon into oil. If it sizzles, it’s ready!)
- Lay shrimp in away from yourself, fry for 4-6 minutes until golden brown & crisp.
- Drain excess oil on paper towel lined plate, sprinkle with salt while still warm.
Assemble your Po’ Boy by slicing a soft roll in half, layer on plenty of Duke’s Soutern Seafood Sauces Bayou Remoulade, followed by thinly sliced onion, shredded lettuce, thinly sliced tomato, & your fried shrimp. Drizzle on additional Bayou Remoulade, & make sure to have some on the side to dunk in fallen shrimp!