Mexican Street Corn (Elote)
- 3 oz. cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 4 ears fresh yellow corn, with husks
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder (such as Ancho, if available)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat grill to high (450°F to 550°F). Crumble 2 ounces of the cotija cheese
- set aside for the corn topping. Finely crumble the remaining ounce of cotija
- place it in a small bowl and stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, and lime juice until smooth.
- Pull husks back from the corn ears but do not remove them
- tie the husks of each ear with a small piece of husk or kitchen twine to make a “handle.” Place corn on greased grill grates, keeping the husks off the heat, and cook, turning occasionally, until the corn is tender and charred on all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove to a plate and cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture over the corn and sprinkle with chili powder, crumbled cotija, and cilantro. Serve immediately.