Pepper Jack Pea Salad
This classic southern side dish has it all. Texture from the crispy bacon and raw onion, a kick from the pepper jack cheese and plenty of Twang from the Duke's Mayo!
1/3 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
8 slices of thick-cut bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups (about 20 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 5 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded or small cubed
- Chives, for garnish (optional)
Cook bacon in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, occasionally stirring until browned and crispy - about 8-9 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon to a paper-lined plate to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, white wine vinegar, salt, onion powder, black pepper, celery seed, and red pepper flakes until smooth.
- Add peas, red onion, cheese, and bacon to the bowl with dressing and combine until thoroughly mixed.
- Refrigerate for an hour to allow flavors to meld.
- Garnish with chives (if using) and serve.