Tea sandwiches are a must-serve at any spring celebration - from Easter brunch to bridal and baby showers or a afternoon picnic. With Pimento Cheese, Benedictine Spread and Jalapeno Egg Salad varieties, there's something for everyone.
- 12 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 oz. Vermont white cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 oz. jar pimentos
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 4 oz. diced jalapeños drained
- 1/3 cup celery finely diced
- 4 tbsp. green onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 4-6 dashes hot sauce
- 1.5 tbsp. dill
- Garlic powder to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
3 tbsp. Duke's
- 1 English Cucumber diced into small pieces
- 1/2 purple onion finely chopped
- 1 block cream cheese
- 4-6 dashes hot sauce
- kosher salt to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 3-4 drops green food coloring if desired for color
Jalapeno Egg Salad
Assemble Pimento Cheese
- Drain pimentos.
- Place onion quarters in bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade and pulse until finely chopped
- Add drained pimentos and pulse again
- Scrape into a large bowl
- Grate the cheese either with the food processor or by hand and then combine with the onion and pimento mixture
- Mix thoroughly with Duke’s Mayonnaise
Assemble Jalapeno Egg Salad
- Chop your hard-boiled eggs into even-sized pieces (HACK: place a cooking rack over a mixing bowl and push the eggs through for easy "chopping"!)
- Add eggs, drained jalapeños, celery, green onion, Duke's Mayo, dijon mustard, hot sauce, dill, garlic powder, kosher salt, and black pepper to a large bowl.
- Fold ingredients into each other until well-combined. If the egg salad is too chunky, simply mash with the back side of your spoon.
Assemble Benedictine Spread
Remove seeds from cucumber; diced into small pieces.
Dice onion into small bits (tip: can pulse in a food processor!).
Add cucumber, onion, cream cheese, Duke's Mayonnaise, hot sauce, kosher salt, and garlic powder into a bowl. Mix until well-combined. Taste and season additionally according to preference.
Add 3-4 drops of green food coloring; mix + stir. Add until the benedictine has reached your desired level of greenness.
Assemble Tea Sandwiches
Serve a variety of spread on your favorite bread - (crustless) white sandwich bread to keep it classic! Cheers to spring!