Williams Jalapeno Waffle Stack with Chorizo and Pepper Jack
Breakfast and Brunch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 11/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (whole fat)
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1/2 cup Duke's Mayonnaise
- 1 medium chorizo sausage link
- Over easy eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- Sour cream
- Chorizo Blend
- Spray skillet with olive oil spray and add chopped garlic and chorizo sausage.
- Sauté until sausage is warm through and starts to break down oil. Be careful not to overcook as sausage will become crunchy.
- Stir together flour, cornmeal, salt, baking soda, baking powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, in medium bowl.
- Add egg, buttermilk and mayonnaise to dry mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chopped jalapeño and pepper jack cheese.
- Spoon into waffle iron and cook until golden brown (mixture will be thick so use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to add into waffle iron and spread with spoon).
- Place 2 quarters of the waffle on a plate. Top with a couple spoonfuls of sausage mixture.
- Place egg over the top of the sausage.
- Top egg with sour cream and sprinkle with shredded pepper jack cheese, then top off with spring onion.